The word ‘lily’ comes from the Old English phrase lilie, which comes from the Latin term Lilium and from the Greek Ieirion. All of these terms refer to the flower.
Lilies are often a great and classy gift either arranged by themselves or mixed with other flowers. Depending on the breed, a lily often comes with multiple heads from 2 up to as many as 8 heads depending on the breed.
Lilies are versatile, classic and come in various breeds such as Stargazer lilies, Casablanca lilies, Royal lilies, and Easter lilies and come in various colours such as white lilies, pink lilies, yellow lilies, etc.
Each lily colour conveys a different meaning or silent message from the sender to the recipient;
- White lilies symbolize purity and virtue.
- Pink (stargazer) lilies symbolize prosperity and abundance.
- Red lilies symbolize passion.
- Orange (tiger) lilies symbolize confidence, pride, and wealth.
- Yellow lilies symbolize thankfulness and desire for enjoyment.
Fun fact about lilies, they are very fragrant and are often used in perfumes.
Showing all 3 results